parenting rocks

Friday, September 23, 2011

To quote one of my parenting idols, Dayna Martin, "Life Rocks" and it does and so does parenting (most of the time).

Of course, my kids make me absolutely insane at times, but they bring me so much joy and laughter too, I love seeing them be who they are. Living in happiness. Experiencing life.

It is so hard sometimes to be sure you are doing the right things by your kids. One thing that I have slowly come to realize is, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

Peas is- a lot. Her personality is intense, her passion like fire and sometimes that exhausts me. To give me a break and her some time to be Peas. She is enrolled at a local school 2 mornings a week.

She loves it. Sprints from the car to the building running in the orchard on the way. They learn by playing and doing. Each of the children is expected just to be himself or herself and their passions and interests are fostered. It is thrilling to watch Peas flourish in this environment. To see her eyes light up.

There is something special about this school. Something that makes it so amazing that I cannot express how grateful I am for it.

The kids get to play outside, fly kites, go sledding, play in water, do all sorts of wonderful things soaking up their teachers love for them, being who they are. That rocks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment