Small Businesses

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

With the beginning of the holiday season. Advertisers are working extra hard to win my business.

Most of them will not get it this year.

This year I am trying complete as much holiday shopping at small businesses as possible.

It is my personal protest to stores opening on Thanksgiving (irony here? Thankful for your blessings-- but must get MORE!). Sure, I may pay a little more, but I will feel better about myself knowing that I have supported actual people, not corporations.

The huge pressure to have the latest and greatest, or the most, the biggest, the best and to get it with the best deal possible is pervasive. I have fallen into the trap of refusing to buy things without it being a 'deal'. This year, I am trying to shift my focus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment