Special Ed or not?

Friday, November 18, 2011

Peas has a speech issue and a sensory processing issue. She qualifies for services through the school district, we have decided to decline them at this time.

From February to May she received services after she aged out of Early Intervention, and honestly I did not see a large improvement. It was just a hassle to drop her off, pick her up, and work her schedule into running the big kids around.

This year we decided to send her to a private preschool where Stinky attended and flourished. It is not special ed by any means. It is play based and child led. We can not be more thrilled with her progress. She is talking in sentences. She has a best friend. She RUNS from the car to school. She laughs. She plays. She has grown so much in three months. I credit her school with most of this.

She loves it. I love it. The teachers genuinely love her. Most days I just want to hug her teacher I am so thrilled.

When Peas left school one day and said she wanted to invite A over for a playdate, in a full sentence, I darn near cried with joy. Seeing her grow into this wonderful little girl is just such a gift.

I can not express my gratitude to LECC or Sister Julie enough. I cannot thank H my neighbor enough for telling me about this school. It is just wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment