Oh HELL No.

Friday, July 1, 2011

The 'rules' around here are pretty lax: Be kind, if you make mistake- try and fix it, and don't run into the street, Are the big ones.

Yesterday, I had a new experience. One that I did not anticipate having. One that made me so very very sad. Some kids were laughing at my daughter for the way she speaks.

I was so angry, so hurt, so upset for my daughter. How dare anyone make fun of a kid for an issue that they have. Hell.No.

It is a point that I make, to not step into the kids squabbles unless it is coming to blows. This time I went into full mama bear mode.

No. absolutely not. under no circumstances.

I think I got my point across and the my daughter will not be teased anymore.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITs. I am Mamma Bear quite often. I'm with you on the teasing, I don't put up with kids being cruel in any circumstance.

Mama Up! said...

Geez, kids can be so mean. I remember being teased, and it HURTS. The only consolation I have is that most mean kids seem to grow up to be perfectly normal, even kind adults.

Just Me said...

@Julie It was the first time that I had seen it happen as a mama- and I was shocked at my reaction! Kids should be kids, not cruel

@You know, I have the same experience, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Saretta said...

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. My son has had to deal with similar scenes because he is dyslexic, but he knows that's just the way he is and that there's nothing "wrong" with him. I wish your daughter the same peace!

Visiting from SITS!

Gaspegirl said...

Visiting from SITS and just have to say that I too go into Mama Bear mode but only when necessary. Now that one of my children is a teenager I set her and her friends straight a lot... but that is another story all together ;)

Hope the teasing ends now...

Make it a great day!

Post a Comment