Asthma and Allergies

Thursday, August 30, 2012


It is late summer here. Late summer early fall I the absolute worse for my allergies and asthma. I am an itchy, drippy, wheezy, sneezy mess. For as long as I can remember I have really really had a hard time with ragweed- it is the bane of my breathing.

Despite using nearly every allergy medication on the planet it is still a pretty rotten time. I know people who extoll the benefits of using Raw Honey for curing seasonal allergies- and more power to them, but severe asthma attacks are not the same as a runny nose and watery eyes.
My allergist recommended I consider getting an air purifier for at least my bedroom, so when I am sleeping (and cortisol levels are low- making asthma issues more likely) there will not be as many allergens floating around in the air.

I did it.

It was expensive but so are hospital stays.
But it is has been 7 months since I was in the hospital last for asthma. So far, my asthma has been remarkably controlled this season, despite record high mold and pollen counts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment