Mother Failure

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Do you every feel like you are a failure as a mom?  I do.  Often.  Like right now. 

My 6 year old is pouty
My 8 year old has an attitude
My 3 year old does not seem to have a pair of ears-- but she does have a death wish for climbing on EVERYTHING
My 4 year old is so mercurial I can't keep up
My 8 month old needs to be touching me at all times

The house is a mess even though I spend countless hours picking up.

It is so humiliating to admit this but I just want to be alone-- even on Thanksgiving.  I just want to be alone.  I am overstimulated and I need some time to decompress.

So right now I feel like I am failing as a mom and it is pretty rotten.

2 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

Oh, my goodness, you are not a failure, you just need some "me time!" I hope you get some soon!

Have a happy Thanksgiving! If you are celebrating with family, maybe you'll get a chance to go out for a walk...by yourself!

Thank you so much for stopping by for my SITS day!

Suzanne said...

You're definitely not failing, but I totally understand feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated. I often feel that way and I only have one!
I totally relate, but we (as mothers) should be kind to ourselves. It's a tough job.
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving. I'm Canadian so that's extra belated, since ours is in October. :)

Post a Comment