The cost of art

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Art is expensive.  Paintings can go for millions upon millions of dollars.  Art museums charge high fees to view their galleries.

But that is not what I am talking about.

I am talking (or writing) about the cost of art at home.

My kids love making art projects. I have learned that nearly everything can be re-used in a kid's art project an experiment- side note- save toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, and egg cartons--- add a little paint and you have hours of fun.

Its great to see them being creative and learning what happens when all of the colors are mashed together-- but it can get expensive!

Construction paper, butcher's paper, paints (several kinds), pastels, glue, glitter, sequins, yarn, clay, etc all add up. fast. 

I guess I have decided it is worth it.  Realistically, spending $4.99 on yet another stack of construction paper is a better use of that money than a lot of things, and hopefully some great memories will be made.  And that is priceless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment