Annoyances is the hospital

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I am no stranger to hospital, and guess what I am in the hospital again.  And I am crabby.

After a drastic increase in pain I had to go to the ER and was met with the least compassionate nurse I believe I have ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Sure, a lot of people are not well versed in their medical and health needs, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I am.

She was condescending and just rude to B and I.  We came to the ER because I couldn't bear the pain and I could not pee. She was very unkind regarding my pain and generally quite cold.

I was admitted as I was bleeding quite badly I had to be admitted. The first nurse on the floor was no kinder. 

Believe it or not- as someone who has had a decent medical history- I know my body.  I know my limits.  If I say something is not is not right- please believe me. 

Please understand that minutes seem like hours when in pain. 
Please try and respect my dignity
Please try and respect my modesty
Please try and give me the benefit of the doubt
Please at least discuss my options with me- if there is something that is unpleasant and I am hesitant.

I have also had some of the best caretakers ever.  Some of the most amazing RNs and wonderful people who deserve a huge amount of respect and appreciation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment