Pinterest is AWESOME

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I love Pinterest. I have mad crazy love for it.  I can spend hours on it. Pinning and hoping and getting excited about birthday parties I'll never have or a home that the closest I will come to is Pinterest boards.

The pallet gardens are wonderful the home improvement are amazing.  There are life hacks that I cannot believe I did not think of ever but make like easier by massive amounts.   The fashion ideas are awesome (especially for this walking fashion disaster)

Despite this I rarely try these ideas.  I am terrified of failure. I don't often try new things in my life aside from Pinterest because I am scared I'll suck and get made fun of (either in my head or in real life) so my boards get full and many things remain untried.

Like painting my living room.  I would love to paint the trim and the walls but I am to scared to do it, I have never painted anything aside from a picture- and I don't want to get yelled at or feel stupid.  So the walls remain unchanged.

But how do I a) move on from that, and b) not pass this to my kids?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 comments:

KG said...

There's really no easy way to say this but

1.JUST DO IT! As cliche as it sounds and I'm sure you've heard it 1,000 times before but there is nothing to fear but fear itself. So what you mess up on the paintings of the wall - it can always be redone and you will never know how "bad" you would do if you don't actually do it? How about if you are amazing but you'll never know until you just do it.

I didn't want to start a Youtube channel. I thought people would make fun of me but I said "oh, what the heck?" if they do, they do ...I'll never know if I don't do it.

b) Lead by example. If your kids see that you are doing something you're scared of, then they in turn will do something they are scared of. And the same can be true of the opposite.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo,
Khloe
www.kgstyleblogs.com

Post a Comment