My Superpower

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Invisibility.

It seems I am. What I do everyday is invisible. If I did not do it---things would be visible.

I am a short order cook whipping eggs for breakfast, a laundress- making sure everyone is clothed in clean clothes, a maid-- picking up, vacuuming up, wiping up after the torrent of kids, and dogs, I am a book on tape-- reading story after story, I am a dairy, I am a taxi, I am a watch, I am a referee, I am an ATM, I am a calculator and a dictionary, I am a nurse and countless other jobs that for the most part go unnoticed.

There are times when I feel unappreciated, lately I have begun to feel like my work while not high profile is appreciated by G-d. I serve him by helping my family. Invisibility is not a bad thing, it just means I am doing my job well. Knowing that my day to day bring glory to G-d makes me feel fulfilled. That fulfillment is something I have been seeking.

(but G-d help my family if I every get really sick)

0 comments:

Post a Comment