Give Blood

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I meant to post this a while ago... but well... ummm ya know.


Please give blood. Please.

I received a transfusion when I was a baby due to Rh incompatibility with my mother and it saved me. More recently, like last week, I received 2 units of blood after my hemoglobin level dropped to a pathetic 6.

If I could give blood I would. However, they want you to be 115 lbs to donate and I am not that heavy so I can't. Therefore, I am asking anyone who reads this, who is eligible, to donate blood. It is free, it is fast, and they give you cookies.

You just may save a life.

2 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

I think this was just a post disguised to flaunt how skinny you are. :) JK. Thanks for posting this-good reminder.

Michelle Martin said...

sometimes they even give you a mug or a t-shirt, or enter you in a raffle ... if you need a reason beyond saving potentially three lives with one unit of donated blood.

Post a Comment