non medically necessary bandaids

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Owie Owie! OWIE!" is something that I hear over and over and over... most of the times I'll go look at the owie and see that is that there is no bleeding, most of the time there is not even any bruising or redness... but the kids insist that they need a bandages. Why? What magical powers do bandages posses that can alleviate pain and suffering miraculously?

For the longest time I resisted giving bandages for everything. There would be lots of screaming, some crying... and then it would be 5 pm and I could have some wine.

Then it dawned on me. Why was I fighting it? Simply giving a bandage would eliminate a ton of issues and in the long run would not be that big of a deal.. The one big problem is making sure that I have bandages on hand for actual owies that require bandages.

in other news i just invested in companies that manufacture bandages.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bandaids do seam to have some miraculous healing powers! I just stopped by from SITS to say hi. I hope you will return the visit. Love your photos on your blog header. The kids are adorable.

Pam said...

Ah yes, sometimes a bandaid just fixes everything! (I stay stocked up on Hello Kitty bandaids for my nieces, now that my own kids are big.) Stopped by from SITS. Have a wonderful day!

Just Me said...

Thanks for stopping by I returned the favor!

Hello Kitty Bandaids are some of the most popular ones here!

My header is out of date- I am long overdue for a redesign.. one day... one day

Post a Comment