Things that are harder than you think....

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Finding a babysitter.

When I was a teenager I babysat-- a lot.  I had no idea how hard it was for parents to find sitters- was it always this way? or is this a new thing?

After finding a sitter it is kind of overwhelming to make sure they are a good person and will not destroy my house- or heaven forbid- anything worse.

I always feel terribly unqualified and unable to interview sitters. Much like making conversation on a first date I stumble and stagger through the conversation occasionally (often) putting my foot in my mouth.

Finding sitters and activities is hard.  It seems like you have to be in the 'in' mom crowd to find out about them.  I am in the mom crowd who is still wearing maternity pants.  Not 'in' at all.

One of my friends from childhood must have felt the same way and she started a great website to help moms along.  Go check it out- you may find the next Mary Poppins

0 comments:

Post a Comment