tales from the front lines of the kitchen

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last night I set out to prepare a wonderful and nutritious dinner for my family. The menu: herb roasted chicken, asparagus, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I was on the phone with a friend while arguing with the chicken coaxing it out of the plastic container... debating with the giblets bag to remove it; only to find the roasting pan I had selected was not the right size *gasp*. In my defense I bought the chicken at 6 am.. but it really was a giant bird. To get the proper size pan would require a miners light and potentially heavy equipment why?? because I seem to collect pots and pans the way my grandmother collected hummels.

After procuring the correct and giant pan from the depths of the cabinet greasing it and plopping the bird in it I proceeded to season it. All went well with that...and i placed the chicken with anxious anticipation in the oven to allow it to cook. After about half an hour I began to wonder why there were no aroma's wafting through the house. A quick inspection revealed that I had not turned the oven on *DOH*.

The lessons: a family our size does not need an 8 lb chicken and chickens cook faster when the oven is on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught up on your blog again today, and as always I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. You have a great writing style. Keep up the great work, and call me when you are down. We are vital to each others support systems.

Love Always.
Trip

Post a Comment