Will it hurt them to LISTEN??

Saturday, October 9, 2010

It is like talking to a 2 year old!

I fell (big surprise!) and I injured my wrist..... Yay!

So I called my doctor the next day to make an appointment to get it looked at- I thought it was just sprained.

The convo went like this:

Receptionist: "thank you for calling xyz..how may I help you"
Me: "Hello, I am Jane Doe, I need to make an appt with Dr. Smith because I hurt my wrist"
Receptionist: "Ok what is your name?"
Me: "Jane Doe"
Receptionist: "last name?"
Me: "Doe"
Receptionist: "which doctor do you see"
Me: "Dr. Smith"
Receptionist: "well Dr. Wells is booked today, would you see someone else?"
Me: "That is great for Dr. Wells but I see Dr. Smith."
Receptionist: " Ok, well Dr. Smith is booked for today"
Me: "great well I need to get my wrist looked at"
Receptionist: "Ok well Dr. Nels has an opening at 10."
Me: "Great. I'll see you then"

It was so annoying! It was all for an x-ray and for them to tell me I broke my wrist. Well thanks.

The entire thing could have been cut in half if she had LISTENED. It is like talking to my two year old!

2 comments:

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

ha...i often wonder if some humans really are those recorded messages, they get into a mode of functioning and forget to listen like those nutty recordings- once I dealt with vontage and i finally asked if there was someone that could answer off script so we stop going in circles, after being passed around maybe 3 times I got someone that seemed 'real'. - ha. :)- hope your wrist heals fast! hope it wasn't your writing wrist.

True Daughter of Mary said...

Wow - you've been through a lot lately! Goodness, I hope you have help. 4 kids and a broken wrist don't mix well! I hope things turn around for you very soon! Blessings, Megan

Post a Comment