Will it hurt them to LISTEN??

Saturday, October 9, 2010

It is like talking to a 2 year old!

I fell (big surprise!) and I injured my wrist..... Yay!

So I called my doctor the next day to make an appointment to get it looked at- I thought it was just sprained.

The convo went like this:

Receptionist: "thank you for calling xyz..how may I help you"
Me: "Hello, I am Jane Doe, I need to make an appt with Dr. Smith because I hurt my wrist"
Receptionist: "Ok what is your name?"
Me: "Jane Doe"
Receptionist: "last name?"
Me: "Doe"
Receptionist: "which doctor do you see"
Me: "Dr. Smith"
Receptionist: "well Dr. Wells is booked today, would you see someone else?"
Me: "That is great for Dr. Wells but I see Dr. Smith."
Receptionist: " Ok, well Dr. Smith is booked for today"
Me: "great well I need to get my wrist looked at"
Receptionist: "Ok well Dr. Nels has an opening at 10."
Me: "Great. I'll see you then"

It was so annoying! It was all for an x-ray and for them to tell me I broke my wrist. Well thanks.

The entire thing could have been cut in half if she had LISTENED. It is like talking to my two year old!


Bree said...

ha...i often wonder if some humans really are those recorded messages, they get into a mode of functioning and forget to listen like those nutty recordings- once I dealt with vontage and i finally asked if there was someone that could answer off script so we stop going in circles, after being passed around maybe 3 times I got someone that seemed 'real'. - ha. :)- hope your wrist heals fast! hope it wasn't your writing wrist.

Megan said...

Wow - you've been through a lot lately! Goodness, I hope you have help. 4 kids and a broken wrist don't mix well! I hope things turn around for you very soon! Blessings, Megan

Post a Comment