The dangers of diaper duty

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Did you know changing diapers can lead to physical injuries?? Neither did I. I have changed a lot of diapers in my life from babysitting to parenting, I consider myself somewhat of an expert in the diaper changing world.

This weekend I obtained my first physical injury related to changing a diaper. Pixie had picked up one of those plaster-y scrappy thingys (technical term) that is used to patch walls or scrap paint and I did not notice(big mistake). I picked her up to change her and she swung her arm back and cracked me in the forehead with the scrappy thingy. I was knocked to my knees with blinding pain. My first thought was wow! She can hit! Second was, WTF was that??!!! I was caught with the straight edge and it actually managed to cut me fairly deeply, it swelled and bled. It is not pretty. I have a feeling that I will have a scar from this and be able to point it out to her for the rest of her life(kidding!)

So beware! Changing diapers can cause physical injury!

0 comments:

Post a Comment