She is not a whore.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'll admit to being fairly conservative in my clothes, except when I am pole dancing then it is booty shorts and sports bras all the way.

My oldest daughter is growing out of the little kids section at the store. She is moving on from size 6x. But the change in available clothing choices is startling. Short skirts, tight clothes, low cut tops, things that I would feel uncomfortable wearing. There is no way in hell I will purchase these for my child or allow her to wear them.

She is 7. Still solidly in little kid territory. Still in the age when the world is her oyster and the tooth fairy brings presents. She is smart. She is independent. She is strong. She is brave. I will not let her be objectified by clothing buyers or others insane sense of fashion.

Lands End here we come.

1 comments:

True Daughter of Mary said...

Gymboree has really lovely things too and a clearance rack to rival a bargain store! I truly loved dressing my daughters in Gymboree as well as Lands End. Both stores sell good quality clothing so most likely you will be able to pass it down to your younger girls.
Target really doesn't have the quality, but they do have some nice pieces and sweet playclothes.

Post a Comment