Openness

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

There have been a few people who have asked why I am open about so many things that people have traditionally not talked about. I talk about them. All the time. I would rather talk about them and help eliminate the stigma attached to it. (there are a few thing that I do keep secret, that I am not ready to deal with)


I have survived. I have made it. I am happy. All of this has taught me that I can survive and succeed.

The thing is I have had help. My parents, my husband, my friends, my faith. I could not have made it with out them.

I have scars on my arms from glass, I have scars on my heart and soul. I have battle wounds that remind me what I have survived what I have learned, and maybe just maybe I can be open enough that someone who needs to talk can see that obstacles are not the end. That stigma can be overcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment