So Who is Building and Ark

Saturday, September 13, 2008

With Brian gone I am the one who gets to deal with day to day life and crisis...usually all at the same time. I have to give any single parents out there a ton of credit. My day/life/week have been a whirlwind.

Yesterday I had planned to go to the park with my best friend and have wine...seriously. It was raining...no park...the dogs were sick...so I left them in the yard...mind you the summer project was to put up a new fence and an invisible fence....

My friends come over. We play...My friends husband calls and asks to be picked up from work (color me jealous...B will never call and ask to be picked up). I decide to let the dogs in and hose them off...Doodle is there..great...Husky is not.

Where the hell did husky go. As I am piling the kids into the car to go drive around out neighborhood screaming her name and looking for her in the rain my BFF and her husband pull in, they join in the search. Animal Control is notified..neighbors are alerted. I arrive back at home and decide to check the surrounding yards three doors over I find husky chasing bunnies.

Thank Heavens she is back.

Fast Forward to today:

I wake up to water in the basement and clogged gutters. To be continued when the situation is resolved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have major basement issues... that sucks! Sorry to hear about Ali too. What a mess all this rain is! Let's talk soon.
:)

True Daughter of Mary said...

I have been reading for a while, and I am totally confused. I have read back through all of your posts and cannot figure out - and you of course don't have to clarify, but, does your husband work like on a week, off a week at the firehouse or something? I'm sorry to ask, but I really am confused.
Also, is Pixie a new baby? The baby in the pictures with your little boy?
If you don't want to answer, please forgive me for asking. I have tried to figure it out on my own, but just can't Blessings to you, Megan

Post a Comment