what do you do when

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The part of the 'grief reaction' is anger. I am angry. Unnaturally so. I am angry that I have to do this on my own. I am angry that my breaks come when when someone comes over at night to give a bit of a chance to breathe. I am angry that the kids need attention all the time. I am angry that this happened. I am angry I do not have words to describe it. I am angry that I have to keep it together all the time and I can't I am tired. I am sad. And irritable. I cannot take my anger out on the kids- not their fault. Not fair for me to be fussy with them.

Grief reactions are a common thread of study. Anyone who has taken a class in psych knows the basics. The down and awful parts are the parts that no teacher no word no nothing can describe. The feeling of isolation. The feeling of having this loss follow you around (much like the proverbial thunder cloud) gets heavy.

Let it go. Sounds easy? Its not

0 comments:

Post a Comment