We Wouldn't Have Missed It

Monday, December 13, 2010








It is no secret that Stinky loves trains. Love is and understatment. He adores them. He thinks they are the coolest thing ever. Toy train, freight trains, metra, or CTA it makes no difference. It is a train and that makes it awesome. No one else in our house likes trains- we all tolerate them because they give Stinky so much joy. The same way we go along with Princess and her American Girls etc..

Cantigny, a museum, estate, park thing the next town over was having a exhibit of Lego Trains. Super cool for Stinky two of his most favoritist things ever. When I read about this I got so excited to tell him about it- I just could not wait to see the look on his face and hear the excitment in his voice.

So when I told him he was practically levitating with glee. Trains! Legos! OH MY! a four year old boy's DREAM!

Of course we went. All of us. Princess was not that excited to go because "there was nothing there for her" and she was "bored, and not having any fun." She was reminded that Stinky went a long with her to The American Girl Place even though there was nothing there for him.

We started in the center room and I was imopressed with the detail that was included in the displays. The people who made them had some sense of humor!

The next room we went in had a really big layout that included a model of things that were pop culture references and secret- or hidden humor clearly aimed at the adults.

In the final room we went to I was impressed immensly. There was a model of the Sears Tower (Sorry, I cannot bring myself to call it the Willis Tower) it even had lights inside and a superman on the top. The details were amazing, from a town set up with a fire department responding to an acident to a haunted house, and a large display of Toy Story items, there was also part of the display dedicated to Star Wars. (Why does Lego have so many Star Wars things???). Stinky especially liked the Toy Story 3 pieces because he just completed building a Toy Story 3 Lego train.

Being a mama, my thoughts went to how much of a pain it would be to clean all of that up, and how I was so glad that I would not have to have any part of that.

Of course there was a Thomas train- what train thing attracting children would not have Thomas themed things? It would be a travesty!

We were only there for an hour or so- I started to hurt a lot and could no longer hold the kids so they could see. Stinky was sold though- I'll have to keep an eye out for when it comes back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment