Wonderful day

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Yesterday was an amazing day. Correction, the morning was fantastic- so was the early afternoon- then- the whining started.

It snowed on Christmas Eve, the super giant Hollywood Snow. It was amazing and beautiful. We had pancakes and coffee before going downstairs together to watch Christmas movies.

I selected "A Christmas Story" you, know- you HAVE to know. The "You'll shoot your eye out" movie a classic on par with "Citizen Kane" as far as I am concerned.

There were so many memories that came flooding back from watching that movies as a childhood and my parents sharing their memories from the era.

I laughed so hard I could not breathe. As a mom- I saw humor in parts that I had never seen or I saw a whole new perspective. My kids could not believe that kids got soap in their mouths or that phones were attached to the wall. Nor could they believe that the washing machine was in the kitchen and dry clothes were not pulled toasty warm from dryer or pulled from a clothes line.

They were stunned that the firefighters did not have a truck to ride in- rather- that they hung on. Princess was terrified by the flag pole scene- she needed to be reassured that a someone would pour warm water over the person's tongue and not just pull it off.

One of the first time I saw the movie- I actually asked my parents what that "mother of all bad words" was. Obviously she did not tell me- but she got good laugh out of it.

Being able to share this with my kids was amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment