Mothers Day

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I wish I could be the kind of mom who wants nothing more than to spend the day with her children reveling in the joy that is motherhood... I am not.

My idea of a perfect Mother's Day is a day when I can have time alone. No I do not mean alone locked in the bathroom to keep people out or hidden under pile of blankets I mean genuinely alone. Where I can for a moment even just half a second not have to be mom.

My mothers day has so far been nothing like that.

I have reminded Princess that surfing down the stairs in a cardboard box onto the the stone floor is an unwise idea.

Informed Stinky that if he shoves his arm and had down the Husky's throat and she bites him it is not her fault and frankly I would not blame her.

Been pants-ed by Peas when I had the audacity not to hold her for a moment.

Been whined at demanded commanded and had a general mom day. Nothing fancy nothing special.

Which I suppose in and of itself is a lot to be thankful for.

1 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

ME TOO!!! From my first mother's day-only 2 weeks to the day after A was born my only wish was to have a day alone! I still don't think I've gotten it....John tells me that when I am finally able to get it, I'll want to spend the day w/ my kids instead. Oh the irony, right?

Post a Comment