My Big Girl is Five!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Yesterday Princess turned five. Five. As in old enough to start kindergarten. As in half way to ten.

She is growing up so fast. I can hardly believe it.

She got to choose a lot of things about her day. From where we went-what we ate etc...

Of course the best part in her world was the cake and ice cream.

The downside is no one from my in law's side called to wish her a happy birthday. She noticed it and questioned it. My family called. Granted she did not talk to all- some them she was outside playing for and far too muddy to chat..but messages were delivered and she glowed.

But my in laws. I do not know what to do or say about them. All of her life she has been an option for them- in the NICU they did not visit- after her operation last summer they did not call- now on her birthday they did not call. It was not just B's parents though--- no one from his side called. Not a soul.

This made me really sad. She deserves to be treated better. She deserves to be surrounded by people who love and cherish her. Not who 'forget' her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment