Right now

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I am patently aware that I do not know if I can do this. This parenting solo thing. Logically. everything that I am dealing with here is a stage and will pass. Emotionally I want to yell. I want to scream things that are unkind and not appreciative of what I have.

Peas is walking and falling...and falling...she is enjoying her new found independence. I am exhausted by it. She trips into things and wails -her cry sends a chill up my spine.

Princess is four and acting like it. All of it is part of the process. I do not know how to explain things. No idea.

Stinky rooster is refusing to sleep and being very stubborn. Part of being 2. I get it.

This is not to say I am not incredibly grateful for them. I am so grateful that my children are here and healthy and I can be here with them and provide them with love and care. There are days when I am rockin' the mom thing- and feel good about it. Today is not one of those days. I feel like a hamster on a wheel or a merry-go-round-moving but getting no where.

0 comments:

Post a Comment