Match Made In Mental Illness Heaven

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My cat and I have a lot in common in terms of out mental health. I am have an anxiety issue. If I skip even a day on my medication everyone can tell and it is not good for anyone.

I have posted about this cat before and her fur pulling, it is getting pretty bad again so I think it is time to see the vet, but everyone I have talked to and a lot of the research I have done points in the direction of my cat having an anxiety issue. This makes me want to scoop her up and cuddle her to tell her that it will be okay, I know how it feels!

My poor kitty licks plastic bags obsessively and pulls out her fur, which are apparently hallmarks of anxiety in cats. Great because I can help her, not great because she is suffering now.. and her life can be so so much better. She has had a rough go so far, and she has been there for me through so much, the least I can do is is give her a happy existence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment