Hair Cuts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Who cut the dog's hair?" is a phrase that I have said far to many times to be reasonable or even sane. But when the dog shows up with a hunk of hair missing and no one claims the artwork, interrogations need to take place.

A few years ago, Princess went on a hairstyling spree, giving the yellow dog a 'do that made him look like he got into a fight with a weed-whacker and he was on the loosing end, she also gave herself a hair cut that made her look as if she was off to the Marines, even Stinky was a victim(?) in the rampage. After that I hid all of the scissors.

Recently, I have started leaving them accessible again, assuming that at the ripe old age of 6 she would know better than a DIY haircut. The other kids?? not so much.

White Fang appeared with a hunk of fur missing from her back. Lovely.

I had a few suspicions as to the culprit-

- Pixie is to little, she does not have the manual dexterity to operate scissors with that much precision- especially on a wiggly dog.

- Peas is hard pressed to cut paper let alone a dog.

- Stinky, him I could see, mischief is his middle name

- I really think Princess knows better (I may be wrong about this one- everyone has momentary lapses in judgment.

With these assumptions I guessed Stinky was behind the chic cut that White Fang had, but could not be sure. Of course they all denied it (they apparently took a lesson in Chicago politics: Deny, deny, deny)

After a few days, no one has claimed the styling of the dog's fur, I may never know.
Another wonder of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment