Happy Father's Day

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to all of the dedicated fathers. Please know that you are loved and valued.

B s absent- of course- and he is missed (ya think?) I miss him so much. It makes me value the time so much more.

Thank you to my dad. Thank you for supporting me even (especially) when I did not want you there or think that I needed you.

Thank you for making the choices that you did. I am sorry I put you in that position so many times. But thank you.

Thank you for having expectations that you kept raising.

The relationship I had with my dad as a little girl is irreplaceable. He and I were two peas in a pod- which may have led to some of our issues- but that relationship means so much to me. I am eternally grateful for the time on the front porch feeding Miss Meow, walking to Clark, playing catch, playing chess- my memories of my father are etched into my heart with love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment