Mothers day

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I do not hold out a lot of hope for holidays or birthdays.. especially Mother's Day (see the Happy Dead Mouse Day post for reference).

This year was again special..in that way that means it is a damn good thing I have a sense of humor.

As I was visiting the bathroom, you know like most people do first thing in the morning, my children- 4 of them the ones who can walk....picked the bathroom lock and burst in. Full of delight and joy, anxious to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day".  I am really thrilled they are so excited to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, but I like to pee in private. 

But that is just what motherhood is isn't it? Motherhood is witnessing the happiness on your kids faces when they feed the ducks or when they are so excited to give you a bouquet of dandelions.  All of that makes it so special.

The rest of the day was a typical day- with lots of spontaneous "Happy Mother's Day" hugs thrown in. 
I could not be the mom I am with out the kids and family I have.  They have given me more and taught me more than I could ever possible hope for.

Here is a picture of a funny card I got:


0 comments:

Post a Comment