Half Way There

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tuesday was my fourth pole dancing class- half way there- through the first session at least.

I was late for class- whoops. I dislike being late. It makes me a bit nuts.

What did I learn for being late? I do not have time to center myself during the meditation part. I did not realize how much I like that part until I missed some of it. I will be on time in the future.

It had only been two days since my previous class- my make up class- I was still mildly sore from the previous session. As I bent and stretched I was able to feel my blood move through my sore muscles and almost massage away some of the soreness and some of the tension. My muscles warmed with the movement I was able to stretch deeper move more freely.

When pole practice started it was like hanging out with a bunch of girlfriends- not an exercise class. We laughed and chatted and swung around the pole. We cheered each other on and offered advice on how to make our tricks better. Feeling supported and safe is such a strange and foreign feeling for me. I like it. If I could afford more than one class a session I would sign up for it in a heartbeat. Heck if I didn't have to leave I wouldn't.

I did notice a very very very strange thing- for me- before class I ate- I rarely eat before working out- but I did. During class I did not catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think about the wumples and bulges in places I would prefer them not to be. I caught a glimpse of myself and for the FIRST time that I can remember was content with what I saw.

I saw past the belly and the bum- I saw how strong my arms are getting- I saw what my body does and that was pretty cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment