I LOVE pole dancing

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

But you already know that right???

I did not blog last week about pole dancing- I got side tracked with all sorts of medical things and well just day to day life.

That is not to say that I did not adore my time dancing. I did- just as I did tonight.

It is really time to let things go. Feel safe. Have fun. It is more my time than any other time. It is more my time than taking a bath or a run or anything else.

As mentioned the first bit of class is meditation/stretching which I find fantastic- especially after a long day with no sleep.

Karyn is my instructor and she is fantastic at getting you to calm down. To feel tension leave oddly without feeling like a lump on the floor- instead awakening a part of you that is- for me at least- buried under the mountain of laundry in my basement.

When it is time to begin the dancing part it is is a whole other level of fun. Something that I look forward to the second I leave the studio. I see the poles in the playground and consider practicing some of the tricks on them but usually decide against it. Part of the pole dancing trick part that I am having fun with is learning to trust yourself and learning to trust your body and listen to it.

One of the best parts is the cheering and the whooping and hollering that goes on. When you get something new your class cheers-

Another instructor is also fantastic at it. She will walk into a studio and just let it go cheering the class- encouraging us, reminding us that we are 'gorgeous'- which is such an amazing feeling. Like a super super amazing feeling. If I could get her to come to my house and follow me around with her encouraging whoops- it would be amazing- I think I would be so much more productive I had someone following me around like that and it would be fun! Maybe I would not put off doing laundry or emptying the dishwasher so much if I had someone like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment