I may just re title my blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

'a place where I whine about my eye'

It should be noted that while my vision is worse in the past few weeks, it is not substantially worse now than it was before. I am now more cognizant of it. And that has led to some interesting times.

Physically it is not that difficult of an adjustment to make. Sure parallel parking is more of a challenge- but in my years of driving I have parallel parked exactly once- and I took a picture of it. So I am reasonably sure that I can continue my avoidance technique at least for a little while.

I have an answer as to why I have been seeing 'things moving' on the floor and I felt compelled much like my cat to chase imaginary bugs.

Depth perception is- lets just go with interesting.

The emotional adjustment has proved to be more difficult. Until this diagnosis I just assumed that I would get new glasses and all would be well with my eyes. Coming to accept that this is as good as it is going to get is hard. My best corrected vision is 20/800 and my field of vision is reduced. It is weird.

I understand that there are a lot of people a lot worse off in the world than me and a bum eye. I am working to maintain that perspective and a sense of humor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment