More on the pole

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I learned that the ladies at this studio grow to care about and carry each other through rough times and cheer each other through good times. They are friends- it is not just a 'gym' in the sense of Ballys or X-Sport.

The class begins with 'meditation' not guided or visualization or imagery- more introspection. Finding a place of peace in yourself. Self exploration is a major part of the experience.

I felt so awkward as I looked up at the ceiling that was illuminated with lights that look like stars I closed my eyes and got lost in the movement. Listening to the instructor letting my body connect to the flow of the music. Letting go of my 'center'. Having fun. Enjoying feeling my body stretch and feeling my muscles warm feeling the strength embracing my body for taking me all of these amazing places.

This is more than a class in 'getting in shape' it is a class in getting in touch with yourself as a woman. Embracing the sensual sexuality that is part of us. Embracing the strength that each of us has inside. Letting that beauty show and loving it.

With in the studio I was not 'mama'. I was me. I was the woman that I was- that I am- that all to often gets lost in the day to day life. I felt the woman inside the confident, beautiful, amazing, sexy woman inside me begin to make an appearance through self consciousness.

Yes it was fun too- spinning around the pole at the end. So I signed up for this journey of introspection. Of exploration. I am excited to see where this path takes me.

It should be required for all women.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Elizabeth...I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience and I can't wait to see you around the studio on a regular basis. BTW, if anyone is wondering where she took this class it was at Tease Dance and Fitness in Naperville!! www.teasedanceandfitness.com and the new session begins the week of February 7th!
xoxo,
Kristin

Post a Comment