The immortal fish is no longer immortal.

Friday, May 21, 2010

AKA: RIP Uncle Joe.

Immortal seems to be a poor choice of words for this as 'immortal' to me at lease directly relates to humans. Whatever.

He died. By suicide- or carpacide. For some reason we have lost what seems to me, to be an inordinate percentage of our fish via carpacide. They jump out of the tank. Then die. They also seem to do this when no one is around. Particularly at night.
More than once I have discovered an unfortunate fish by stepping on it in the morning after it is all dried and stuck to the floor.

It was kind of sad to lose him. Uncle Joe has been a part of our family for quite sometime so now to have an empty tank has left me kind of confused. Do I get more fish that seem to be destined to leap from their tank to their death? Do I start adding Prozac to their food if I get more? Do I disassemble the tank and enjoy having one less thing to be responsible for?

I am leaning towards the later.

1 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Perhaps there is the pitter patter of little feet in the night and they are "playing" with the fish and the fish accidently "jumps" out of the bowl...are you getting fish that are prone to jumping? what about putting a little screen over the top? Hmm...

Post a Comment