Tragedy and Thank you.

Monday, May 31, 2010

When I sat down at my computer tonight I was going to write about the sun about the pool about the weather about gee well so many inane things. I was thinking about writing about "Little House on the Prairie" now I am not. Not now.


One of my friends posted about another woman, another mother, who is going through hell. Her son her amazing, talented, sensitive son died.

He had struggled with addiction. His mother fought for him. She did everything to help that she could think of.


So this is an open letter to her and to my mother. Thank you. Thank you mom for fighting for me. Thank you for sending me to Provo. Thank you for not giving up.

You know what I did is not your fault. But I'll say it again: my struggles are mine.

Thank you Mom. Thank you for helping me, finding me the help that I needed to find my way out. I very very easily could have ended differently. Without your help I would not have made it.

To the other mother. I am sorry. I am so sorry. I wish that your son had a different ending.

Your son and my story are different. He used drugs I used food or lack of it. But the ending could have been the same: destruction.

Thank you for having the bravery to talk about this. It says nothing negative about your parenting. It says how much you love your son for you to fight for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment