Six years

Monday, May 24, 2010

The days leading up to Christmas as a kid seemed to take forever. Like years maybe. The past six years I may have slept through because they have gone by in the blink of an eye... my first born, my little girl is a six year old big kid.

She has gone from a preemie who we used to coo to and talk to- to an astute six year old observing social issues and having her own take on them. It is a lot to put on a little girl- but she saved me from an implosion of epic proportions. I am eternally grateful for all she has brought into my life.

Today- we celebrate welcoming her into the world. She arrived with fanfare.

My wish for her is joy. I want her to be joyful. I see in her an authentic genuine joy. A joy that is contagious. It is wonderful that she is true to her heart. I desperately want to encourage that to continue.

So thank you Princess for all you have taught me. You have taught me more lessons than anyone and about many more things than the art of a quick diaper change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment