Bailyes and Coffee

Saturday, June 18, 2011

You know the day is a character builder when at 11:30 am I am debating which alcoholic beverage to indulge in.

I had two choices: vodka and Cranberry or Baileys and coffee. After a little debate I decided to go the Bailey's and coffee route. I actually thought it out and had a whole reasoning based internal dialogue about the situation.

a) Bailey's and Coffee seemed to be the more socially acceptable choice- much like a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary is acceptable for Sunday brunch.

b) there is the whole caffiene thing, with the coffee- I'd get some

c) the kids were less likely to steal my Bailey's and coffee.

the day was certainly a character builder in the truest sense of the word. However- that little bit of Baileys certainly was enjoyable.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I've been there and done that. For hot sultry days a Mike's Hard lemonade is a refreshing choice. I read your blog regularly. Your children are lucky to have a fun mom like you.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice, Miss (in my snobby waiter voice), although the vodka and cran (my drink of choice when I drink) would have been nice, too. Remember, like the song says, "It's five-o'clock somewhere."

Mandie said...

and with Bailey's and coffee, you can tell yourself (or snobby blog readers) that the alcohol will evaporate in the hot coffee. :)

Just Me said...

lmao! thanks! I am glad to know I am not alone!
I LOVE Mikes but it gives me heartburn, so I can only have that once in a while.

Maybe next time I will go for vodka and cranberry...

Post a Comment