Red Rocks

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I have a lot to recap about our recent trip to Colorado. From the hotel no bathtub fiasco, to Pixie getting sick, the hiking, the mountains, the inconvenience of being in Denver airport for many hours when a flight was delayed and more.. but for now- I'll write about some of the prettiest views I have ever had the pleasure to see.

The rocks look pretty, but what really got me was the amazing size of them.. They are just so amazingly huge. So awe inspiring. So so breathtaking.

Here is one of the first things on the trail:


This is kind of hard to see- but the sign is bolted into the rocks inches in front of a cliff face. Problem is- to read it- you have to get pretty close to the edge of the cliff... I suppose it doubles as an IQ test.
ee

see? Rattlesnakes and danger?? Super cook hike.


Isn't this amazing??


The amphitheater:


Pixie playing.

1 comments:

gin said...

Oh, Red Rocks is one of my favorite places on earth. It's awesome that you and your kiddos got to visit it. when I lived in CO, I would go there frequently to hike and see concerts. Amazing.

Post a Comment