Feel the need to dicuss

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Again about SYTYCD. It was a moving show tonight- again one dance was so moving.

The story was centered around a woman's battle with breast cancer. Her battle- her partners battle- her strength- his strength- it was beautiful and to quote Mia Micheal's, "a very important performance".

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that shortly after Stinky's birth I was diagnosed with cervical cancer- very early. My treatment and course was admittedly short and reasonably minimally painful a few procedures-lots of visits- some pain- some more procedures. Granted it was far from fun and the possibility of it returning always is in the back of my mind.

The emotion that Melissa and Ade portrayed was incredible. I have absolutely no words to describe it. I have nothing but tears and thanks and awe.

I know that if I had needed to go through that course of treatment of if that disease had taken a different course B would have been there. To carry me through the really crappy parts, to lift me up when I needed it. He would let me yell and scream and be angry at the situation at everything. As it was he let me cry to him yell, fuss, lots more tears, he stayed home from work the days that especially one procedure was so painful and took a while to recover from. He was always there. He was my strength. For that I am thankful.

So again dance and art and music sad what words can't. Again I am thankful for this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment