In the past year

Sunday, July 12, 2009

This is a reflection on the past year.

So much has happened. Births, deaths, joy sadness, surprises, shocks, good stuff, bad stuff, ehh stuff. So much of that stuff at the moment seemed crucially important. But sitting here now I can't remember a lot of it.

I have been very blessed in the past year- I have had a lot of losses too but the good has been great- admittedly that bad has sucked royally too. Today though I chose not to dwell on that right now.

There have been a lot of surprises. So many friends have been there for me. So many have been supportive and encouraged me and expected me to grow as a friend, as a woman, as a mother.

This year has been challenging. Learning to open myself to vulnerability to accept my weakness to be open about it, to open my heart to friends and trust them not to hurt me. The good news I have been pleasantly surprised

0 comments:

Post a Comment