Only my kids

Saturday, July 25, 2009

It is a widely known fact that my kids are a bit precocious and not exactly gentle with toys- not that I expect them to be but heavens- they give toy manufacturers a run for their money.

A recent example:

One day last week I was outside kvetching with my neighbor and the kids were digging (big surprise right? Shovels + Dirt = happy kids) anyway Stinky went in and got one of the toys he had received for his birthday but not yet opened - the train bubble machine. I had no batteries but my neighbor donated some to the cause of course as it is a newly manufactured toy it has the battery compartment secured with a screw after unscrewing, installing batteries, and rescrewing Stinky took off with the train. A few steps later he fell and managed to open the battery compartment leaving the screw intact and without breaking anything. Only one of my children could pull off such a feat.

This to be honest is one of the most annoying toys out there. It blows bubbles, makes noise, and moves- which of course delights the kids and the makers of Advil.

My neighbor joked that my kids should be product testers. If they cannot break it in a few weeks of hard action then it is good- if like most everything else it is destroyed in seconds it is average. Any ideas how I can get them a gig doing that??

1 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Oh my goodness! My daughter is another prime example of breaking and destroying toys! Except, she doesn't do it on accident, she does it on purpose! How about your kids be the play testers-if it can last a few weeks, hand it to me and if mine can't destroy it purposefully it should be deemed "safe". I think very few toys will pass that standard!

Post a Comment