Adorable.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I signed Stinky up for preschool 2 afternoons a week. To give me a break from his three year old intensity and to let him play with other boys his age. He loves it. Looks forward to it.

So this morning the kids had me going from the start of the day- like before sunrise- typical. Thankfully the morning passed quickly and soon it was time to send him off to his school.

I always seem to think they are cuter, nicer, etc when I am dropping them off or leaving for a bit. I think it is biologically based to assure the species that we return to care for our young (if it is not let me keep believing it, please and thank you).

Today, I felt a little guilty, I was super annoyed and tired before- why does dropping him off at school tug at my heart? I know he is safe there and having a grand time.

He was so happy to see me when I went to pick him up. Sitting with his friends he jumped up and announced, "there is my mama!" I was so happy. Maybe we just need a little bit of a break from each other to refresh us and be ready for more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment