Five Years? Seriously???

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Princesses fifth birthday is rapidly approaching. Five years. FIVE! I can hardly believe that. I mean sersiously? I have been a mom for 5 years? Something must be wrong? Where has the time gone? So much has changed! Apartments, house, pets, husband... I can't believe that there has been time for all of it in five years. (especially when some days seem to drag on forever)

But here I am one month away from her fifth birthday. The year that signals she can start kindergarten...the year that starts so much more time away from home and me. That is frightening in away. I have always been there; not always actively but sometimes passively observing, watching her learn watching her challenges ready to step in when needed...but now I am needed less and less. I do not need to buckle her car seat, I do not need to get her dressed. I do not need to get her water...she can do it. and she does. I suppose part of mothering is mothering yourself right out of a job but it is so odd...especially when I so clearly remember taking her home from the NICU, her first cereal, her first steps, and ever since then she has continued growing and learning.

I am so thankful that I have her. She quite literally changed and maybe saved my life. My princess who will always be my baby girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment