I am totally at a loss

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I like to fool myself into thinking that I am pretty good at this parenting thing especially because I get to do so much of it on my own.

But I am at a loss. My son, Stinky, is making me insane. That is pretty general right???
But he is having a hard time sharing with his sister and it is shrieking and screaming and also being pretty mean...hitting and just being mean. Time outs do not seem to do anything, time ins also seem useless.

It is not only that. But sleeping is hard. He wants to be snuggled and cuddled and I need some boundaries.

Also the testing limits and pushing limits. at my wits end

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is tough. I used a choice method. So you want you kid to wear shoes- Stinky would you like to wear the red shoes or the blue shoes? Stinky- would you like to share the truck or the blocks right now. You will love how strong he is when he gets older because he will hold his own with his peers. Even at this age kids like to feel in control and know how to push buttons. It sucks. This method doesn't always work but it does help the kids feel empowered and how to make good choices. Let him make bad choices too like the choice is do what I ask or you will be in time out. This helps him learn natural consequences. I work with Preschoolers. They can be a challenge but they sure are cute!

pb and jazz said...

I accidentally posted under the wrong account. You would not be able to get me at that one. Sorry!

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

I think I hear you...with my girl (I may start calling her Kiddo in my blog, we'll see). we are at the same place, ours is whining, crying, disobeying, talking back...no fun.

Post a Comment