Hawks

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am sitting here enjoying the invention that is PBS and Curious George. Looking out my window one of the benefits to living in the suburbs is that I have 'nature' all around. a family of squirrels have moved into the sparkly bird house that we put up.... and now there seems to be a family of hawks in the area too..

They are juvenile red tail hawks...how do I know this??? google of course. Yesterday I saw 4 separate hawks. even for suburbia I think that is a lot.

But today I have also seen some birds..a woodpecker, a few finches, and of course sparrows.. the pleasures of suburbia.

anyone know how I can attract more birds??

Also my back yard is a blank slate. any ideas on what I can do with it...point me in the right direction to get started. my goal this summer is to have something established in the yard instead of dirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment