God Bless Antibiotics

Saturday, March 15, 2008

How did people live before these developments?? Seriously?!?!?

The week Peas came home B was out of town. He was kind enough to bring back a virus that got my mom and I sick. Princess and Stinky were marginally ill but largely escaped any lasting damage.

I was not so lucky. Two and a half weeks after 'feeling a little off' and chalking it up to a minor cold or fatigue from having a baby I dragged myself to the Immediate Care center, because it was the only time when I had someone there to watch the kids.

The doctor came in examined me and announced I was "a giant walking bacteria". Thanks doc...what are you going to do about it?

I knew I was sick, I didn't come here for you to tell me that. The 105 temp and the coughing blood gave that away....

I left with a prescription for three antibiotics and diagnosed as: Dehydrated, ear infection, sinus infection, strep throat, kidney infection, and bronchitis... I drove home and showed my discharge paperwork to my husband and mom and we all had a good laugh, that I thought I had a cold.

So now 5 days later. I feel comparatively great! I can breathe, I am not coughing up blood, and I have some energy that is not caffeine induced. God Bless antibiotics.

Though as an aside: it is amazing with all of that Peas did not even get a sniffle. Her pedi said that it was because she was nursing so much that she stayed healthy...

I probably will not fill the antibiotics, I would rather let my body do its own thing.. yep weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment