High and Low

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The high point of my day was getting peed on.. yes- you read that right- that was the best part. Urine. On me. On my couch. It was all downhill from there.

In their defense I was not on my mom game either. It was one of those days when I could not hit my stride. But it seems whenever I get out of bed on the wrong side they do too! Some sort of weird cosmic conspiracy.

So why do days like this happen? When the stereo whining makes me want to slam my head in a door...when the demands make me want to throw a temper tantrum and say very petulantly "I QUIT" But I don't we get through it together. We chin up and fight on. Every so often I retreat to my room to regroup and breathe counting to various numbers in various languages or conjugating verbs to center and focus.

But we made it. Together. No matter how hard the days are no matter how frustrating it gets. I will always be there for them. Always. We will stick by each other and somehow with G-ds help come out on the other side.

(though I did put them to bed when I ran out of room to put toys that they had lost the privilege of playing with- which happened to be at an insanely early hour....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment